George Sr. ran a successful business that prospered as each year passed and in the 1940's George's wife Mary Catherine Brown began her career as a funeral director. During this time George Sr. and Mary Catherine Brown strived to expand Brown-Dawson-Flick Funeral Home into what it has become today. In 1960 their son George "Bud" Brown II attained his licenses and joined the firm to assist his parents in the operation of the family business. As demand for funerary services became more than the original layout of the premises could contain, Brown-Dawson-Flick Funeral Home constructed an addition of a new chapel in 1971 to accommodate the growing needs of their families.
In 1979 Bud's wife Marie A. Brown joined her husband and in-laws as she entered the company as an executive secretary. Mary Catherine Brown became ill with cancer and passed on in February of 1984. To better serve the needs of the ever increasing population of Hamilton, in 1996 the Brown family opened a new facility on the West side. George Sr. would only have a short time to enjoy what his modest business had blossomed into, for in 1999 he passed away leaving his son and daughter-in-law, Bud and Marie, to continue his legacy.
A new era for Brown-Dawson-Flick began in July of 2008 when Brian K. Flick, a 14-year veteran of the Funeral Home, purchased the business. The same exceptional service and value that the people of Hamilton have come to trust can still be found here at the Brown-Dawson-Flick Funeral Homes.